Alcohol Exclusion Laws
- Alcohol exclusion laws permit insurance companies to deny claims for injuries associated with alcohol
- They were created in the 1940’s to discourage drunk driving and to save insurance companies money
- Currently 30 states have alcohol exclusion laws on the books (see our interactive map for details on your state)
- These laws fall under the Uniform Accident and Sickness Policy Prevention Law (UPPL)
- Some states do not have implicit rules regarding these laws which allow insurance companies to deny claims at their leisure
Alcohol exclusion laws are one of the many possible negative consequences of a DUI/DWI arrest. This can result in thousands of dollars in unpaid medical claims that will fall upon you to pay. A FORMER PROSECUTOR has seen the devastation that these laws can leave in their wake, and will use their valuable experience to help minimize the disastrous effects they cause.